The SAT is recognized test all around the globe to process college admissions. Your knowledge of reading, writing and some mathematics are assessed which you learnt long period of studies.
The New SAT is scored on a scale of 200-1600 and is taken by high school juniors and seniors. The test is scheduled several times every year.
Format of the New SAT
- Sec 1: Reading Test (52 Questions, 65 Minutes)
- Sec 2: Writing and Language Test (44 questions, 35 Minutes)
- Sec 3: Math Test – No Calculator (20 Questions, 25 Minutes)
- Sec 4: Math Test – With Calculator (38 Questions, 55 Minutes)
- SAT Essay – Optional (50 minutes)
Main Differences in the New SAT
More emphasis on reading in context.
4 options in MCQs (instead of 5)
- No Negative Marking
- Score out of 1600 (Reading + Writing = 800 / Math = 800)
- Essay is optional (and completely different)
- No sentence completions (vocabulary is still important)
- One math section is without calculators
- Fewer “Logic-based” math questions
- Data analysis in the verbal sections
SAT Preparation at Sir Shirazi’s Academy
On first visit candidates are assessed with diagnostic test. As per result of diagnostic test we develop study program which varies person to person. We give individual attention to every student because to get required score we need to judge weakness of every student and let him know how to cope up with this with extended practice material in order to boost up skills that required to excel.
In addition, teacher check every candidate’s report on daily bases and deal accordingly throughout his preparation and guide him in an optimal manner. Furthermore, no of lectures are given on all major topics and revised if necessary.
Usually we conduct 2 classes per week of two hours each, Normal preparation consists of 3 classes per week of two hours each, for about 3 months. If a candidate can pick up quickly or willing to give more hours in double shifts regularly so he will be able to complete the preparation with in 2 months.